We are always looking for creative, talented, and passionate individuals to join our dynamic firm. For more information, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our employees are our most valuable resource, and we invest in their personal and professional development with committees like SBA University, which oversees the training and progress of our staff. By sponsoring weekly educational seminars and refining our project management strategies, "SBA U" enables us to nurture the individual talents of our employees.
We focus outside the office as well, with community outreach endeavors, social events, and sports league participation. Throughout the year, we collect funds and donations for a number of local and international charities, including the American Cancer Society, Greater Boston Food Bank, Healthcare for the Homeless, and many others. Recreational sports teams participate in local leagues for softball, volleyball, and basketball, and our annual softball competition pits teams against one another in friendly competition. Holiday events, internal art exhibitions, and summer boat cruises are some of the highlights on our yearly calendar.
This is a great opportunity for a bright candidate with excellent communication and analytical skills and attention to detail to join our Finance Department.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
Perform full cycle Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions; reconcile monthly bank statement; review and process timesheets; assist in month-end GL reconciliation and annual audit; handle various Finance administrative tasks as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, Finance or Accounting preferred; 2+ year’s related professional experience; MS Word, MS Excel, good accounting software knowledge. Experience with Deltek Vision a plus.
Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio or work samples to: US_careers@steffian.com with "Staff Accountant" in the subject line.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Intern Designer will work under the direction and guidance of experienced architects and designers. The position requires a high level of commitment to teamwork and willingness to learn and develop quality architectural and/or interior design skills
- Work closely with design/interiors team while supporting the development of design deliverables such as Construction Documents, including drawings and specifications
- Participation in pre-design project activities, such as: site and building assessments; zoning ordinance and site plan review and approvals; building code review; and other project related research.
- Computer-aided drafting and design (AutoCAD) ----do we need this still? and Building Information Modeling (Revit).
- Project and product-related research, including Internet, Intranet, library, and site visits
- Contributions to the assessment of: performance against project budgets and schedules; required responses to RFIs
- Help process shop drawing and submittals.
- Preparation of quality Design Deliverables
- Currently pursing bachelor or master degree in architecture or interior design ( second year and up)
- Working knowledge with Revit, Autocad, and Adobe Suite
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Computer rendering skills preferred
- General computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio or work samples to: US_careers@steffian.com with STUDENT INTERN in the subject line. No phone calls please.
We are looking for an Interior Designer/Manager who is passionate about all aspects of the design process: participating in the development and the presentation of the project conceptual design; exploring and developing solutions to design problems; producing design drawings for interior space planning; researching interior products and details; coordinating and preparing construction and pricing documents, technical specifications; presenting to and meeting with clients; and participating in the quality review process and construction administration of projects through reviewing submittals, finish specifications and punch listing.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to think conceptually and help develop interior architectural design strategies, both working independently as well as collaboratively, with the architectural design team. We expect that with the candidate’s keen design sense, ability to connect concept through to details, and excellent communication skills, he or she will promote our aim to elevate our design quality and process to the highest levels. The Interior Designer/Manager will assure quality and completeness of documentation, assist in managing client expectations and in consultant coordination, develop good rapport with teams, and practice with a “can-do,” positive energy and attitude.
- 5-10 years of experience, preferably in healthcare, science and technology sectors
- Proficiency in Revit
- Experience in 3D rendering software such as Sketch Up, 3D Max and Rhino
- Experience in graphic design software such as Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of color, material and furniture selections and specifications
- Interior Design or Architecture design degree from accredited programs
- Good hand drawing skills desirable
- NCIDQ certification and LEED accreditation a plus
Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio or work samples to: US_careers@steffian.com with INTERIOR DESIGNER in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Project Architect/Project Manager (Healthcare)
We are looking for well-rounded and talented architects to join our award-winning firm located in the dynamic Seaport district. Our focus is on collaborative design with unlimited potential for professional and corporate growth. We are passionate about our projects – we strive for excellence in all types of healthcare, higher education, science and technology, and senior living sectors. As a Project Architect/ Project Manager, you will be the primary Client contact and team leader for complex institutional projects.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Broad base of experience with healthcare facilities and firm understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Experience in space programming, interior and exterior detailing, specifications, document production, consultant team coordination, and construction administration.
- Commitment to lead, promote and protect the integrity of the design through all stages of the project.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to work well with others under deadlines.
- Skills to manage the project team, budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit, and other current digital modeling applications.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience especially with small and large-scale healthcare-focused facilities.
- Participation in business development efforts including marketing proposals and interviews.
- Registered Architect or on path to registration (IDP)
- LEED AP a plus
Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio or work samples to: US_careers@steffian.com with "ARCHITECT - HEALTHCARE" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Project Architect/Project Manager (Science and Technology)
We are seeking a talented individual that is committed to design excellence, who thrives in an environment of collaboration and who demonstrates a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
We have an opportunity for a Project Architect / Project Manager for our Science and Technology group. We seek a professional with both cutting-edge technical and design capabilities and an understanding of the complex process of delivery for science and technology projects.
The selected individual will operate both independently and in a team setting, with the opportunity for increasing responsibility as a Senior Project Manager, offering client and team leadership. The person in this position will also participate in marketing pursuits and demonstrate design talent to our future clients.
- Provide project management expertise with overall responsibility for client satisfaction, service quality, and financial performance.
- Provide leadership in order to carry out the goals and objectives of the project and communicate with design team members and various consultants in a timely manner.
- Establish and monitor project budgets and schedules.
- Assist with staffing requirements of projects.
- Manage team of junior and intermediate designers and project architects.
- Ensure fulfillment of all contractual requirements for professional services.
- Develop and maintain work plans.
- On select projects - provide direct leadership of planning, design and delivery of the project.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the staff.
- Assist with business development efforts. Participate in marketing proposals and interviews.
- Maintain a high profile in relevant professional organizations to promote the firm.
- 10+ years of experience in the Architecture field.
- Demonstrated commitment to design.
- Strong marketing aptitude and interest - required.
- Experience with science and technology projects is required, with involvement in both project delivery and up-front planning. Broad experience with higher education, government, health sciences and industry client types is a plus.
- Progressive management experience on small to medium-sized projects. Large project experience is a plus.
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- Licensed Architect.
- Demonstrated expertise in Revit, Sketch up, AutoCAD 3D, Rhino, 3D Studio Max, preferred.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Ability to lead the design efforts through all stages of a project, including leadership with the client, contractors and internal team.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a team setting, communicating with others and with a history of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio or work samples to: US_careers@steffian.com with "ARCHITECT - SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
SBA Boston is looking to hire an Architectural Graduate with 3 - 5 years of experience to join our award-winning firm located in the dynamic Seaport district and be part of a team developing the architectural design and documentation on a range of project types and sizes. SBA is an international, award-winning architectural firm with a strong commitment to design excellence and we are passionate about our projects – we strive for excellence in all types of Healthcare, Higher Education, Science + Technology, Corporate and Senior Living sectors. At SBA, we value collaboration, thoughtful design, and the ability to approach challenges in creative ways. Our office culture embraces unique perspectives and encourages personal and professional growth.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- 3-5 years’ experience, previous experience in a commercial office is desirable.
- Accredited bachelor or master degree in architecture or interior design.
- High-level proficiency in Revit and in 3D rendering software such as Sketch-up.
- Strong computer rendering/visualization skills Experience in 3D rendering software such as Sketch Up, 3D Max and Rhino.
- Creativity, foresight, and problem-solving ability relative to all areas of architectural design
- Assist project teams in the accurate preparation of construction documents for corporate and institutional clients.
- Coordinate the design drawings and specifications with consultants, contractors and internal team members.
- Attend project meetings with Owner, consultants and contractors.
- Field measure and document existing conditions.
- Interest in professional development and pursuit of professional licensure.
- Ability to work with multiple teams and on multiple projects at the same time.
Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio or work samples to: US_careers@steffian.com with "ARCHITECTURAL GRADUATE"" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Steffian Bradley Architects (SBA) is looking for an Architect with 4-6 years of experience to work in our Enfield, Connecticut office. Applicants should be able to lead project teams, delegate tasks, coordinate drawings, manage consultants and have proven client interaction skills. Experience with healthcare design is preferred.
SBA is an international, award-winning architectural firm with a strong commitment to design excellence. Our portfolio includes new construction and renovation for Healthcare, Academic, Science + Technology and Senior Living clients. At SBA, we value collaborative relationships, thoughtful design, and sustainability. Our office culture is rich in diversity, embracing unique perspectives and encouraging professional growth. The ideal candidate would possess the skills outlined below:
- Lead project teams in the planning and design phases through construction.
- Work with consultants, contractors and internal team members to coordinate drawings and specifications.
- Lead the specification writing process.
- Follow projects through construction, including site visits, assisting with shop drawing review and RFI responses, reviewing contractor pay applications, preparing project closeout documentation, etc.
- Communicate status of projects and work assignments to all members of the project team. Maintain project files and documentation.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines, facilitate meetings, pro-actively resolves issues, and mediate disputes as necessary.
- Develop and foster relationships in the broader design community and pursue continuing education.
- Participate in marketing and business development opportunities.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience.
- Licensed Architect preferred or actively seeking licensure.
- Prefer demonstrated expertise in Healthcare Design and Planning, including knowledge of Healthcare Guidelines and DPH procedures/paperwork.
- Proficiency in Revit and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving architectural, budget, schedule and regulatory issues.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate clearly.
- Able to act independently and decisively from a sound background in architectural principles.
Steffian Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.